7.29.2011

New BMW I3 and I8 Concept Shown In Frankfurt



BMW I3 and I8 Concept will be shown in Frankfurt!




Before being officially presented, BMW I3 will be shown as a concept at this year's Frankfurt Motor Show. Today the company released a first official pictures of the conceptual model along with scant information about motion and mechanics. What you should know is that the company is focused on the dynamics of his model with zero emissions. To this end, the rear axle is integrated powerful motor whose power is 167k.s. and drives the rear wheels.


Good dynamics will be provided and that the total mass of the model is only 1250 kg. With a single charge - I3 can travel up to 160km. When, in urban conditions. More details on the I3 concept will become clear during the auto show. As to what to expect from the production version e clear one: The model will have ednoobeno coupe with 5 doors and space for 4 people.


Along with the BMW I3  concept, the audience will be familiar with BMW I8. Sporty electric car will be available on the market no earlier than 2014. and will be produced along with his younger brother I3 at the factory in Leipzig, where they invested nearly 400 million. CoupĂ© uses similar but modified drive from I3, but here it is kombinarano gasoline 3-cylinder turbocharged engine developed jointly with PSA, which is located at the rear and drives the rear wheels. The model is a Plug-in hybrid and can travel up to 35km. only thanks to the lithium ion battery.


Engine power is 227k.s., but in combination with elektomotora total power of the model amounts to 354k.s. Thus, acceleration from 0 to 100 km / h is less than 5 seconds and top speed is limited to 250 km / h, all with an average fuel consumption under 3l/100km.
In promoting the concepts Norbert Reithofer, chairman of the board of directors said today the company a decisive step forward in its rich history.